I can say that the latest version of Kamband, an Angband variant
(Angband is a roguelike game), added support for Lua scripting, although
no actual scripts have been written yet. This version came out only last
week, and I was pleasantly surprised. The development team of Zangband,
another variant, have been talking about adding Python support for at
least a year, and then someone comes along and adds Lua to their version
in very short order, instead of talking about it.

I myself am working on a roguelike (not really an Angband variant, but
Angband-inspired) which is almost entirely written in Lua. So far, the
only C portions are Line-of-sight, Pathfinding, and the actual display
code.

--
Garth Dighton