> Lua's primary goal is to make a powerful language available to those
> who wish to embed one in their products.

True.

> One of the reasons that I really like Lua is that it has provided me
> with a powerful embeddable language that is both small and fast.

True. But Lua seems to be so small, powerfull and fast, that its also a
real choice for stand alone programms. I need a language wich has all
the benefits like fast development, simple to understand, clever syntax,
portable and so on - I am so happy to find Lua.

C, Java... need to much development time
Python... I think the syntax system is stupid, because I like
          to format it readable:

                            print ("  Function ",Function  )
          if Delimiter then print (" Delimiter ",Delimiter ) end
                            print ("    String ",String    )
                            print ("Expression ",Expression)

PHP... the other side of a language x-thousand commands
Perl... to cryptic
Ruby... ? never used
Pike... more like C I think
tcl... ? never used