>I would blame the C library (it's glibc, isn't it ;-).

So would I, although it's easier to to that than to find the problem. :-)
Anyway, it's not the first time that we have problems with fault C libs and so
we have changed freopen to fclose+fopen, but I doubt that in this case
it would make a difference. You may try it though.

>About the bug: ldo.c:protectedparser _does_ calls the GC (early, just
>before compilation/undumping).  So the assumption in ldo.c:parse_file
>is wrong.

We'll take a look. Thanks.
--lhf