[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- Subject: Re: [OT, Meta] Benefits of the Lua mailing list
- From: Steve Litt <slitt@...>
- Date: Sun, 23 Feb 2020 21:16:22 -0500
On Fri, 21 Feb 2020 17:10:34 -0300
"Soni \"They/Them\" L." <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> What are some benefits of posting on the Lua mailing list instead of
> places like stackoverflow?
> What (else) brings you here?
* The answers come to me: I don't need to log into various middlemen to
get my answers.
* Speaking of middlemen, Stack Overflow has inserted itself where, but
for its presence, people would have communicated in words about the
* Oh, and have you read the TOS's of those middlemen? You agree to pay
legal bills and settlements should anybody sue the middleman *alleging*
that you harmed them, regardless of the facts or laws or proportioning
* Nobody here tells me this is a duplicate of something six months ago
and closes the case.
* Mailing lists take free-form input.
* I like you guys.
February 2020 featured book: Thriving in Tough Times