[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- Subject: Ravi (a Lua 5.3 dialect) 1.0 Beta-1 Release with LLVM and Eclipse OMR JIT compilation support
- From: Dibyendu Majumdar <mobile@...>
- Date: Sun, 11 Nov 2018 01:15:39 +0000
Ravi (http://ravilang.org) is a dialect of Lua 5.3 with LLVM and
Eclipse OMR based JIT compilers and limited optional static typing. I
am pleased to announce that the 1.0 Beta-1 release of Ravi is now
available. Additionally, work is ongoing to create a distribution of
Ravi that includes a selection of high quality third-party libraries
This release is aligned with Lua 5.3.5.
The main highlights of this release are:
* The new JIT backend based on a customized version of Eclipse OMR
(https://github.com/dibyendumajumdar/nj) is available.
The main advantages of the new Eclipse OMR JIT backend are:
* It is much smaller in size compared to LLVM
* It was designed to be a JIT rather than an AOT compiler
* Like LLVM it is an optimizing JIT compiler
* It is under active development and battle tested as part of the OpenJ9 project
For further details on how to build Ravi with Eclipse OMR support please visit:
For general information regarding Ravi please visit:
All feedback welcome!
Thanks and Regards