There are two chat rooms for discussing Lua:
- [irc.freenode.net #lua]: Ask all kinds of questions.
- There are a number of bots in the channel that can execute Lua code and respond with the results, these include YetAnotherLuaBot (yalb), LuaBot and BatBot. For larger or longer experimentation with Lua, try the [live demo], [codepad] or [repl.it].
- If you need a channel operator for any reason, look for rjek, daurnimator, Habbie, or mniip.
- Be aware that the channel, like any other, may be logged by specific users. 
- Everyone is welcome! The channel has a social nature so don't be surprised if people are talking about other things to fill the gaps.
- [irc.freenode.net #lua-support]:
- Dedicated to handling support based questions for novice and pro alike
- NOTICE: This channel is publicly logged: http://wy.si/1b
- Be aware that off-topic and vulgarity are not tolerated, you will get banned (read more: https://freenode.net/policy.shtml#offtopic)
- Current channel operators: develCuy, LordRyan?, TsT
- [irc.freenode.net #lua-fr]:
- French channel
- Current channel operators: nheir
You'll need a [client] to join the rooms, such as [freenode's web client].
Here are some guidelines for the channels:
- Don't ask if you can ask a question — just ask it.
- Don't ask if anyone can help — just ask.
- Don't ask if anyone knows about something — just ask.
In short, learn [how to get useful help on IRC].
RecentChanges · preferences
edit · history
Last edited December 28, 2016 8:50 pm GMT (diff)