Thank you very much, Mitchell. I’m fairly new to Lua and started learning things I didn’t know in the first few pages!

On Aug 1, 2023 at 8:25:42 AM, Mitchell <lists@triplequasar.com> wrote:
Hi,

I've made my Lua Quick Reference e-book a free download from
https://orbitalquark.github.io/lua-quick-reference/

Here's the summary:

Lua is a small, fast, powerful, and embeddable scripting language. It is
well-suited for use in video games, application scripting, embedded
devices, and nearly anywhere else a scripting language is needed. This
quick reference contains a wealth of knowledge on how to program in and
embed Lua, whether it is Lua 5.4, 5.3, 5.2, or 5.1. This book can even
be used with LuaJIT, a Just-In-Time compiler for Lua based on Lua 5.1.
Lua Quick Reference groups the language’s features and C API in a
convenient and easy-to-use manner, while clearly marking the differences
between Lua versions.

This book covers:

  -  Lua syntax, expressions, and statements
  -  Metatables and metamethods
  -  Object-oriented programming with Lua
  -  Creating and working with Lua and C Modules
  -  Lua’s standard library and its C API
  -  Collaborative multi-threading in Lua and C
  -  How to embed and use Lua within a host
  -  And much more

Cheers,
Mitchell