Recent versions of macOS have this “safety setting” on at least the Documents and Desktop folders.

The safety popup about allowing access or not should show up the first time you use any newly-installed app to open a file in a “protected” directory.

If you say No at the first attempt, then that answer is locked in until you go to the Privacy & Security page to reverse it.

It’s not a bug in Glu, it’s a feature (of sorts) in macOS…