>  did you also run the test suite to make sure that it runs for accuracy
All the benchmarks also exist in the unit test suite to make sure the result is correct. We also have many unit tests to make sure we are standard-compliant.

> Will you try to build a Lua 5.4.4 level runtime?
Lua 5.4 has a ton of new features compared with Lua 5.1 (_ENV, integers, to-be-closed variables, etc) that requires an overhaul of the parser, the VM and the runtime, which is not a feasible choice for the purpose of a research project.

> Do you expect to pick up that much more by JIT processing?  Is that hill going to be worth the climb.
I have no idea how well the JIT will perform until I implement it.

> I must have missed it, what's the memory size of your run time vs stock Lua?
Our Lua table implementation employs hidden class, so for benchmarks that create a lot of struct-like tables (i.e., you use the tables similar to how you use C structs), we should consume less memory. Otherwise I don't think there will be significant memory usage difference.

Foster Schucker <Foster@schucker.org> 于2022年11月23日周三 00:30写道:
Thanks for a great article.  I like how you have been able to help the
compiler optimizatons with your very sets of code that is managed by
Deegen.

I will say as a fan of the TV show "Letterkenny" that the Degens from
Upcountry (short for "degenerates") are an unorganized group of louts,
but yours are very clever.

Thanks for all the links, it was a nice hour of reading with side trips
into other parts of Lua and other implementations.

Question: I know you ran for speed,  did you also run the test suite to
make sure that it runs for accuracy, the programs get the same results
under both runtimes?

Question: Will you try to build a Lua 5.4.4 level runtime?

Question: When looking at LuaJIT you have better performance across the
board.  Do you expect to pick up that much more by JIT processing?  Is
that hill going to be worth the climb.

Question: I must have missed it, what's the memory size of your run time
vs stock Lua?

Thanks for what turned out to be a happy Tuesday of reading!
Foster