On Fri, Dec 31, 2021 at 11:19 AM Jeff Pohlmeyer
<yetanothergeek@gmail.com> wrote:
> Seems like "rustic" would be a thing but I'm sure you would know more
> about that one.

Yes, it would be cool & ironic but never caught on. People are much
more interested in naming the users of Rust, since it is definitely a
club!

> There's also "bashism" although that's a different
> context (usually used negatively and more about a dialect than a
> language).

Well, 'bash' is already a violent word, and it does stray from the
POSIX path in ... odd ways. Man, imagine being one of the Bash
maintainers and thinking of Yet Another Funky Feature (can substitute
the adjective if desired)

The sheer design coherence of Lua is a rare light in a sea of ad-hoc
bundles of features marketed as languages. (Go just half-asses so many
things. But the overall experience is fairly relaxing and productive.
I ponder this apparent contradiction a lot)

steve d.