On 02/12/2021 09:33, steve donovan wrote:
On Thu, Dec 2, 2021 at 12:43 AM Lorenzo Donati
<lorenzodonatibz@tiscali.it> wrote:
I just skimmed on it, no time right now do delve deeper. Seems nice.
There are lots of references to *NIX shell.
Does it work on Windows, too?

The short answer is no, not yet. But there is very little that depends
on Unix - basically I have to know how to expand '~' to mean HOME and
assume we have a PWD env var. This is to support the feature where you
can save values to a little file in your home directory.

Should be quite easy, but haven't got easy access to a Windows machine
at the moment. Maybe over the weekend.

steve d.

It would be nice to have a complete "portable" application (in the Windows sense, i.e. relocatable), so that it doesn't depend on system paths. Maybe just use a specific env var like EL_DEFAULT_HOME, where the user could specify the directory el needs.

So that you could simply double click on a .cmd file with these lines:

@echo off
setlocal
set EL_DEFAULT_HOME=....etc.....
path path;"path_to_el_executable";

and then you have a shell where you could use el.

-- Lorenzo