> #define LUA_FLOAT_DEFAULT       LUA_FLOAT_LONGDOUBLE
>
> [...]
> ltable.c: In function ‘mainposition’:
> ltable.c:153:14: note: the ABI of passing union with ‘long double’ has changed in GCC 4.4
>   153 | static Node *mainposition (const Table *t, int ktt, const Value kvl) {

Thanks for the feedback. I could understand such a warning for an
extern function, but this one is static. What version of gcc are you
using?

Anyway, there is nothing wrong with the code, long double is not a
"standard" configuration, and gcc 4.4 is somewhat old, so we can
live with this warning.

-- Roberto