Because we are a much extended family, our Christmas comes early, normally the week before.

One of my gifts this year was a huge selection of Breakout Garden kits from Pimorni

https://shop.pimoroni.com/collections/breakout-garden

I'd like to connect them to my Pi (the easy part) and then mess around with Lua making things happen (the fun part)

But there is a fair amount of bit banging to get the I2C and SPI devices to work.

Can you suggest a library that works with the Raspberry PI that you have used?

One of my goals is to incorporate devices like the RGB encoder or the trackball into my Pico-8 or Love games.

Thanks for your ideas and Happy Holiday!

Foster