From: Eretnek Hippi Messiás <hippi777@protonmail.com>
Sent: Tuesday, October 6, 2020 8:00 PM
To: Lua mailing list <lua-l@lists.lua.org>
Subject: Re: I need some help on some ideas

hi there! :)

if u have a big table, then freeing it may block for a longer while, so gc is smoother i believe... otoh, i think that rc is more lightweight both in code and in overall runtime... on the 3rd hand (lulz) circular references (probably it is a rare corner case) cant be handled by a refcount if there are things that refer each other but nothing refers them from the outer world, then the rc will wont touch it, however u can break the circle 1st (on ur own way...)

if im not mistaken, then either 5.3 or 5.4 actually has an optional rc, look after it! :)

btw, about the terminology (maybe im wrong) i believe that rc is actually a type of gc as well, but whatever :D

bests, have fun! :)

Sent with ProtonMail Secure Email.