Hi dear lua list members,

About 2 months ago, I started working on a new algorithm for c++ to do memory management by reference counting algorithm.
That project was successfully completed.

Later, I was seeking for another use case, and then I found Lua.
Lua is small and elegant, pure c implemented and therefore most portable.

I want to code the algorithm into a custom version of Lua to make it support reference counting.

And I'm already working on it now (based on Lua 5.4).

The problem I've encountered is, I'm not sure where to change: I'm still learning lua, both the language and the implementation.

Would you please kindly help me to point out where I should notice while coding this algorithm?

The rclua project is here:
https://github.com/yyl-20020115/rclua.git

Waiting for your reply.

Best Regards,