On Mon, Jul 6, 2020 at 8:16 AM Yongheng Chen <changochen1@gmail.com> wrote:

> But since the original I sent affects the default-build lua, I think this is a problem should be fixed?
>

> Best,
>
> Yongheng
>

> Sent from Mail for Windows 10

The maximum setting of Lua's stack limit depends on the runtime stack
limit set by the OS. You can usually grow this by using the shell
command "ulimit -s <size-in-kbytes>".

The flag "-fsanitize=address" must generate code that uses a lot of
extra stack space. On my Debian 10 system I can run a program with the
C stack limit at 20000 without crashing. Compiled with
-fsanitize=address the crash happens below 4000. I did not change the
process stack limit, it's set to 8192 Kbytes.

Gé

--
Gé