>    This is tested on Ubuntu16.04. I built it with –fsanitize=address.
>
>    I didn’t see any instruction on how to add `debug.setcstacklimit`. It
>    seems that it is already set in luaconf.h.

I am pretty sure you also didn't see any instruction about adding the
option -fsanitize=address to compile Lua. With this option, the code
consumes more stack than usual, and therefore the stack limit must be
adapted accordingly.

If you prefer, you can do that in luaconf.h, too. I suggested
debug.setcstacklimit as a quick fix without the need to recompile Lua.

-- Roberto