It was thus said that the Great Archie Cobbs once stated:
> Hello,

  Hello.

> I'm learning about Lua and have just joined this list.
>
> I have a couple of meta-questions about this mailing list...
>
> First, is there any hope of fixing the base64 encoding problem? I'm
> trying to brush up on prior discussions and many are unreadable.
>
> => Example of the problem:
> https://listmaster.pepperfish.net/cgi-bin/mailman/private/lua-l-lists.lua.org/2020-January/067966.html

  This page is asking me to log in, and I have no account on pepperfish.net.
Do you see the same issue on lua-users.org?

> Secondly, has anyone considered moving this list to Google Groups?

  I don't think it's come up before, and I for one, would not like to see
this list go to Google Groups.  Google has a history of killing off projects
[1].  Also, Google Groups *used* to be their Usenet archive, which I think
they are burying in order to promote their own (in my opinion) inferior
Google Groups offering.

  -spc

[1]	https://killedbygoogle.com/