> The only real problem I see is completely unrelated to any of the
> implicated technologies; it's the staff question. Developers learn
> python because companies use python. Companies use python because
> developers know python.

It's my main issue as well.

The 2nd one would be the ecosystem. Things like PaaS hosting,
APM, ASM, crash reporting software etc tend not to support Lua.

For smaller projects, I don't care, but as soon as the team scales
a little it makes it hard to pick Lua.

It's certainly possible though, very large websites do run on Lua
(including Taobao...).

--
Pierre Chapuis