On Thu, 16 Jan 2020 09:58:55 +0100
"Pierre Chapuis" <catwell@archlinux.us> wrote:

> I have written Lua CGI code that could easily serve hundreds of
> dynamic pages per second on a single machine.

Here it is. We're asked "why should we enable Lua as a general purpose
language?" Pierre used Lua's natural speed to make it a better CGI
language than PP&R. Imagine how many more of us would do this if Lua
had tested and curated packages for DOM, XML, and the like, so that you
never have to spend time evaluating competing softwares, and whatever
software you write is likely to have its dependencies available
anywhere the Lua Standard Library exists.

The existence of Python doesn't make Lua useless as a general purpose
language.

SteveT

Steve Litt
January 2020 featured book: Troubleshooting: Just the Facts
http://www.troubleshooters.com/tjust