It was thus said that the Great Dibyendu Majumdar once stated:
> On Wed, 15 Jan 2020 at 16:59, Steve Litt <slitt@troubleshooters.com> wrote:
> > > Not only because of. In my experience Python is a more user friendly
> > > language. Lua is more geek friendly.
> >
> > The "Python is more user friendly" might have some merit, but the
> > question is which is a "better general purpose language". Any user
> > friendliness criteria are dwarfed by the fact that Lua's syntax is
> > simple and it has only two types of complex data: Table and Metatable.
> > IMHO Lua, *as a language*, is both more powerful and easier to
> > understand.
> >

> Well looks like I have diametrically opposite opinion. Mixing arrays
> and maps in a single data structure was a big mistake in my view!

  I can see that.  I also think that Roberto & Co. could have more clearly
stated the reasons for adding boolean types to the language (so you could
mark a missing array element with 'false' instead of 'nil').

> Ditto for exposing metatables.

  So what's the issue with exposing metatables?  Python has its own form of
operator overloading.

  -spc