On Wed, 15 Jan 2020 at 16:59, Steve Litt <slitt@troubleshooters.com> wrote:
> > Not only because of. In my experience Python is a more user friendly
> > language. Lua is more geek friendly.
>
> The "Python is more user friendly" might have some merit, but the
> question is which is a "better general purpose language". Any user
> friendliness criteria are dwarfed by the fact that Lua's syntax is
> simple and it has only two types of complex data: Table and Metatable.
> IMHO Lua, *as a language*, is both more powerful and easier to
> understand.

Well looks like I have diametrically opposite opinion. Mixing arrays
and maps in a single data structure was a big mistake in my view!
Ditto for exposing metatables. Both of these are 'clever' things but
leak implementation details out which always causes grief in the long
run. These and a few other features are why I called Lua a geek
friendly language.

Regards