This problem came from LuaSocket. Luarocks is installing it as dependency.

from LuaSocket 3.0-RC1, file src/option.c:40,41
        char msg[45];
        sprintf(msg, "unsupported option `%.35s'", name);

It was fixed in 'master' branch:
      char msg[57];
      sprintf(msg, "unsupported option `%.35s'", name);

regards
--
bruno