I'm not convinced that presenting that in a multicolumn table with one column per version is the most useful. This makes the list overlong.
I could just prefer having a single list, possibly with markers with version range indicators, or a selector of versions at top to filter the list, that can then be presented in a more compact way (grayed would be used for deprecated, no longer supported, or still not supported in a version). The whole list should remain displayed.
Note that these are just for the core integrated API, when an API is still supported by an optional addon, library or specific compiler option, there should be an indicator about this.
Keeping that list coherent is needed to make sure we can keep an eye on version upgrades and understand compatibility. Unfortunately, unlike most other development frameworks, Lua is not upward compatible, and there's still no common emulation layer that can be used to preserve the upward compatibility (like this exists in _javascript_, and DOM APIs, and many frameworks that prefer tracking obsolete APIs and help migrate them, or explain why some of them are definitely removed and blocked and what alternatives may be attempted, possibly with some redesign of applications)

Le mer. 16 oct. 2019 à 15:49, Luiz Henrique de Figueiredo <lhf@tecgraf.puc-rio.br> a écrit :
> I think this kind of resource could be useful on lua.org, near the actual reference manuals.

Here it is http://www.lua.org/manual/contents.html . It still needs
some work, though.