On Mon, Aug 19, 2019 at 6:02 PM nobody <nobody+lua-list@afra-berlin.de> wrote:
On 18/08/2019 23.39, Paul Ducklin wrote:
> I subsequently swapped out xoshiro256** for Jenkins-7,13,37 ...

Can you say why you chose to swap out the internal RNG instead of using
it as a library?  (Also, what's your reason to prefer that RNG?)

Not speaking for Paul, but...

M. E. O'Neill's blog has very interesting posts on all three of these generators, and supports both of your preferences over xoshiro256** .

I also concur that a library implementation is a fine way to go.