Apologies for resurrecting this months-old thread, but I would like to chime in to support the idea of `require` returning a second result of the path+filename where the module was found. This would be incredibly helpful for me in a plugin loader I'm working on in Hammerspoon. For now I'll go with Sean's ideas further down the thread (thanks Sean!), but having `require` do it for free would be a very welcome convenience!