On 18/08/2019 23.39, Paul Ducklin wrote:
I subsequently swapped out xoshiro256** for Jenkins-7,13,37 which
was a simple change because they both have 4x64-bit internal state variables. Similar code in both cases but different design justifications by the creators.

I personally prefer Melissa O'Neill's PCG scheme, but I chose to use
that as a separate library.  (There's extra functionality beyond the
basic seed/random API – seeking, compound states, … and that also makes
it easier to have LOTS of independent states.)

Can you say why you chose to swap out the internal RNG instead of using
it as a library?  (Also, what's your reason to prefer that RNG?)

-- nobody