> > > The generic for loop in 5.4 takes 4 values, not 3, and the 4th one is
> > > treated as being assigned to a toclose variable.
> >
> > Oh, I missed that in the change notes.
>
> You missed it because it is not there. Only the numerical for loop
> gets attention.

It is the second item in the list of changes, right after the
generational GC: "to-be-closed variables".

The list never breaks down the details of each particular change.
For instance, in the list of changes of 5.3 we did not include
"floor division", "math.tointeger", and several other consequences
of the change "integers".

-- Roberto