On 2019-06-20 4:06 p.m., Hugo Musso Gualandi wrote:
In Python the equivalent metamethod is called __exit__

(There is also a corresponding method called __enter__, which is called at the start of the scope)

>Actually it would be nice if someone could come up with a word that
>coul >express the real concept clearly. For example: "at_scope_end" (or and >"__at_scope_end" as a metamethod. Of course those are UGLY.
>
>Maybe "atend"? It's more explicit than "toclose" since actually >describes that something happens when execution flow reaches the "end" >keyword. "__atend" is not bad as a metamethod.

local <with> foo = bar --> calls bar's __enter metamethod?
end --> calls bar's __exit metamethod?

this also has the benefit of handling nested scopes as well, I guess?