Agree on some OT threads being quite interesting to read. And
even so, You can just skip it outomagically or by hand if You don't
care about offtopic.

In general, I do not like the idea of splitting mailing list, especially
having in mind that the whole community, tools, libraries, etc. are
quite sparse in Lua world. And there plenty different social bubbles
and uses, which do not communicate that much among them
selves. So, having at least one central point is a plus, in my
opinion.

Cheers :}

On Sat, Dec 8, 2018 at 11:50 AM Lorenzo Donati <lorenzodonatibz@tiscali.it> wrote:
On 04/12/2018 10:03, Dibyendu Majumdar wrote:
> I think we should guard against trying to control the conversation to our
> liking. No one forces you to read or respond to posts you do not like but
> it is presumptuous to think you know what conversation is worth having. Of
> course off topic posts should be discouraged as this is a Lua forum.

I agree on but with a caveat: even OT threads (if marked so) have been
useful and interesting on this list (e.g., I mildly remember some
"survey" about which was the best beginner programming language which
leveraged on the wide audience of this list).