[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- Subject: Re: Time to split the Lua list?
- From: "John Hind" <john.hind@...>
- Date: Mon, 03 Dec 2018 11:43:21 +0000
There are actually three clusters:
1. Those who use Lua as it is.
2. Those who dream about Lua as it might be.
3. Those who argue for argument's sake.
No split of clusters #1 and #2 is going to deter cluster #3.
Lists 2 and 3 should be made digest only. This would mean that:
a. The built-in time delay would have an automatic moderating effect.
b. Members would automatically have to supply a 'proof of work' in that
they would have to work out how to decrypt the messages courtesy of that
decades old bug in the list software! Also perhaps 'proof of
This should weed out the armchair language designers (including, I
admit, me!). I'm only still here because I'm too damn lazy to work out
how to cancel my subscription! I've still not worked out which is more
meaningless - the random blocks of ASCII in the message digests or yet
another thread about nil in tables!