It was thus said that the Great joy mondal once stated:
> Alright,
>
> It would be nice if there was a tool to make mailing list conversations a
> mix of reddit style threads with gtihub style markdown.

  I would say use a real email program and not Gmail.  I mean, here's this
mailing list in mutt:

	http://www.flummux.org/mutt.gif

The view is threaded, sorted by date within each thread.  It can even handle
HTML based emails [1].

  -spc (But I think we're straying from Lua here ... )

> Anyway thanks for all the help

[1]	As long as a plain text alternative is included.  If not, I can
	still read the message, but it's a bit of a pain as mutt has to
	shell out to Lynx.