Dibyendu Majumdar <mobile@majumdar.org.uk>于2018年7月5日周四 上午5:44写道:
I think 5.3 may well be the greatest of Lua 5.x releases as I can't
think of anything in 5.4 that was really necessary. Did people really
need a generational GC? Is the additional complexity worth it? Did Lua

A user of our online game server framework (skynet) report lua 5.4's  generational GC could improve the memory usage obviously [1]. It reduce nearly half physical memory usage, because the allocator (sush as jemalloc) would use much more memory if we haven't collect it as soon as possible.

[1] : https://github.com/cloudwu/skynet/issues/827  (The discussion is in Chinese)