In view of the recurrent posts on floating-point issues, I pass on an
announcement from this week's NA Digest:

2nd edition of "Handbook of Floating-Point Arithmetic" (Birkhauser,
2018), Authors: Muller, Brunie, de Dinechin, Jeannerod, Joldes,
Lefevre, Melquiond, Revol, and Torres.

Table of contents: Definitions and Basic Notions; Floating-Point
Formats and Environments; Basic Properties and Algorithms; Enhanced
Floating-Point Sums, Dot Products, and Polynomial Values; LLanguages
and Compilers; Algorithms for the Basic Operations; Hardware
Implementation of Floating-Point Arithmetic; Software Implementation
of Floating-Point Arithmetic; Evaluating Floating-Point Elementary
Functions; Complex Numbers; Interval Arithmetic; Verifying
Floating-Point Algorithms; Extending the Precision.

Birkhauser/Springer site for the 2nd edition:
https://www.springer.com/la/book/9783319765259

Disclaimer: I have not actually seen this book, not even the first edition.