Today I came across an article on lobste.rs [1] about a promising new
Desktop application for Slack [2]. This application is written in Node.JS,
so why does that concern this list? Well, it turns out the library used for
the GUI [3] is also available for C++... and Lua!

The author ships .so binaries in the GitHub releases sections that work
with the standard Lua 5.3 interpreter. I tried it on Linux and it worked
on the first try, except for a few issues in sample code that I will try
to get fixed.

There are sample applications in another repository [4], the "browser"
and "drawing" apps are written in Lua.

The license is apparently LGPL, and it can be licensed under MIT for a fee.

[1] https://lobste.rs/s/bpigl2/wey_fast_open_source_slack_desktop_app
[2] https://github.com/yue/wey
[3] http://libyue.com
[4] https://github.com/yue/yue-sample-apps