On Mon, Mar 12, 2018 at 9:40 PM, Sean Conner <sean@conman.org> wrote:
>   And how many other responders to that thread said "I just write a thin
> layer that mimics C because of documenation"?

Well, we like to get something useful as soon as possible - a C API
wrapper-writer is already familiar with C and the API, so the urge to
go further and produce a 'Lua-ish' API is not so strong.

And yes, new documentation can be burdensome, and idiomatic API design
requires careful thought and good taste.

However, not everyone reads C and eats manpages for breakfast :)