lua-users home
lua-l archive

[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next] [Date Index] [Thread Index]


I did the changes discussed in the pull request there, though I didn't come away with any great insights as it was all rather mechanical. It
sounds like you might already be building on that though, unless your comments about tests just come from reading through some of the

I seem to recall the C namespace just getting absorbed into another one rather than being outright missing. This sounds like it might be a
simple problem (wrong table index? maybe an off-by-one caused by some platform defines?) but I ended up getting distracted before looking
into it.

On Tue, Feb 6, 2018 at 1:10 PM, Dibyendu Majumdar <> wrote:

I have been trying to build luaffifb
( project using MSVC and
faced some issues. It seems that support for MSVC has fallen by the
wayside. Note also that the project is now archived :-(

My attempt is here:

This will be part of Ravi Distro project.

I updated dynasm to the latest version. And I am using CMake, but I
have not yet tried building on Linux or Mac OSX.

The tests don't pass yet as the code that looks up DLLs for C standard
library does not seem to work.

If anyone has tried building luaffifb on Windows using MSVC then would
love to hear from you. I know that the original luaffi project is
included in LuaDist.

BTW I wanted to understand best practices for naming of shared
libraries in Lua - if there is a good set of standards one should
follow then please point me to them.