From: Soni "They/Them" L.
Sent: Saturday, February 3, 2018 8:11 AM
To: Lua mailing list
Reply To: Lua mailing list
Subject: [Proposal] Change default _PROMPT from "> " to "> " (two spaces)

Hi! As you may or may not know, Lua uses _PROMPT and _PROMPT2 in the
standard REPL (indeed, it's described in the reference manual).

Their default values, e.g. when unset, are "> " and ">> ". There are
some reasons why this isn't good:

1. Terminals have block selection mode (hold control while selecting).
The different widths makes this difficult.
2. That's about the only reason.

I propose we change this so the default/fallback _PROMPT and _PROMPT2
are ">  " and ">> " respectively, i.e. they have the same width by
default. This would work really well with block selection.