On Sat, Feb 3, 2018 at 7:44 PM, Dirk Laurie wrote:
> I propose we change this so the default/fallback _PROMPT and _PROMPT2 are ">
> " and ">> " respectively, i.e. they have the same width by default. This
> would work really well with block selection.

For example, some time ago someone on this list proposed ';' instead of '>'
which has the advantage that you can cut-and-paste from actual session
output without causing syntax errors. Personally, I like whitespace best.

Yes, I like it too: "; " and "  " (for _PROMPT and _PROMPT2 respectively) would allow to copy-paste multiline REPL command (using simple text selection, no need to hold Ctrl+Alt) to a .lua file without need for removing all those ">" to make Lua syntax correct.