> The problem has two parts:

> 1. The name of the module is often a common word like "paths"
> which may easily be non-unique.
> 2. The name under which the module is contributed to LuaRocks
> is not the same as the name that comes in "require".
>
> The Lua team has done what they could: "require" can specify
> subpaths, which so far seem mostly to be exploited by writers
> of large module collections.

I'm really new to Lua and programming in general. Would it be possible to implement something like python's virtualenv for Lua? I guess I'm just asking for *nix-likes (I don't know windows). I think virtualenv creates almost a chroot for the python interpreter. I have a link for a video to do research, but again, am pretty lost at this point. When I'm trying to learn a new module, it's difficult to understand if I don't have $LUA_PATH set correctly or if I'm calling the module wrong, or something else.

http://pyvideo.org/pycon-us-2011/pycon-2011--reverse-engineering-ian-bicking--39-s.html

Thanks
--
  Zach Villers