On Thu, Jan 18, 2018 at 12:42 PM, Roberto Ierusalimschy
<roberto@inf.puc-rio.br> wrote:
>> Side note: the Pope might have issues with the project name (PUC being
>> the Pontifical Catholic University, you know — several universities in
>> Brazil and other countries carry that name).
>
> We (the Lua team, not the Pope) certainly have issues with this name.
> Although we do not like, several people use the term "PUC Lua" to refer
> to our distribution (as opposed to, say, LuaJIT). And the problem with
> the University is quite real, too. Please do not use PUC in your project
> name.
>
> -- Roberto

As I replied on a different thread name, I thought I would copy my
answer to here for historic searches:

Apologies, Roberto, you have said that before and in my excitement I
had forgotten. ‎That, or being Catholic myself I have learned it is
easier to ask for forgiveness than permission. (just kidding, I
totally forgot)

All jokes aside, I am now soliciting name suggestions as Drop-N-Go Lua
sounds tacky and that's the only other thing I can come up with.

:D
Russ