For most languages, I use 80 columns, and never more than 120.

My main reason for this is that my sight is not very good, so I use
large fonts. On a large monitor (I typically use a 27")  I can fit a
text editor and a terminal side by side, on a 13" laptop I can fit
one of those.

Moreover, I find it hard to follow the flow of a program when
lines are too long, similar to prose (too much eye movement).
I have had to work with some Objective-C code bases and I
had a very hard time because of that (I ended up rewriting
some parts in pseudo-code in comments for that reason).

--
Pierre Chapuis