On Sun, Nov 19, 2017 at 12:13 AM, KHMan <keinhong@gmail.com> wrote:
> Keeping 2s complement arithmetic in looping and its flaw(s) isn't
> perfect but it's a known quantity. Patching the looping code would make it
> "2s complement but not quite 2s complement". Either way, I hope we can have
> some updates to the section on numerical loops in the reference manual.

It's NOT 2s complement, though. It's 2s complement if you're working
with integer loops, but it's signed magnitude if you're working with
floating point, and Lua doesn't tell you explicitly which you're
working with unless you ask. So it's already "signed magnitude, except
when it's 2s complement" and Paige's patch brings it just a little bit
closer to "always signed magnitude".

/s/ Adam