Fengari might be useful if you’re not up to writing your own Node extension.
It’s the Lua VM written in JS and it renders interaction between Lua and JS simple without any need for bindings.

https://github.com/fengari-lua/fengari

On Tue 7 Nov 2017 at 21:13, Russell Haley <russ.haley@gmail.com> wrote:
On Tue, Nov 7, 2017 at 11:32 AM, RAHUL KUMAR <ryadav.exe@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> I have an Desktop application which runs Lua 5.3 had one of the library as C
> dll and hence Lua loads (require) and make available all the functions.
>
> There are requests to move this application to web (existing web tools are
> in Node.js). Is there any binding available for Lua 5.3 with Node.js? I see
> there are bindings for 5.1 but not for 5.3

There is a library that does the same thing with Lua as Node.js does
with _javascript_. The library is called luvit and it's quite brilliant:
https://luvit.io/. It uses the same backend C engine called libuv so
the looping mechanisms are compatible. I also see no reason you can't
call your Lua from within the _javascript_, but someone more experienced
should be able to yay or nay that idea.

I didn't use luvit because I found cqueues and lua-http which utilize
Lua yielding to produce the same effect. I liked it so I stuck with
it.

> If not, what is best possible path i should take to port existing Lua module
> ( C dll) to Node.js?

On the back of a napkin I would say you could write a libuv extension
to be called from node.js to make luvit calls and drop them on the
same loop?

--
Benoit Giannangeli

https://github.com/giann