On Tue, Nov 7, 2017 at 11:32 AM, RAHUL KUMAR <ryadav.exe@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> I have an Desktop application which runs Lua 5.3 had one of the library as C
> dll and hence Lua loads (require) and make available all the functions.
>
> There are requests to move this application to web (existing web tools are
> in Node.js). Is there any binding available for Lua 5.3 with Node.js? I see
> there are bindings for 5.1 but not for 5.3

There is a library that does the same thing with Lua as Node.js does
with JavaScript. The library is called luvit and it's quite brilliant:
https://luvit.io/. It uses the same backend C engine called libuv so
the looping mechanisms are compatible. I also see no reason you can't
call your Lua from within the JavaScript, but someone more experienced
should be able to yay or nay that idea.

I didn't use luvit because I found cqueues and lua-http which utilize
Lua yielding to produce the same effect. I liked it so I stuck with
it.

> If not, what is best possible path i should take to port existing Lua module
> ( C dll) to Node.js?

On the back of a napkin I would say you could write a libuv extension
to be called from node.js to make luvit calls and drop them on the
same loop?