Penlight

It is a nice thing that lua does not impose "bloats" like you said, to the end user (at least, I like it too). Python was probably a suggestion, because it has most needs covered.

One thing that would be nice for lua to have is "suggested libraries", like, "well, I don't put a lot of libraries in the package, but, if you need some punch, try these. We kind of like them and they're supported by us". This was already discussed in another thread and the solution, so far is to give lua-wiki some love.

ps: Thank you very much for penlight suggestion. I did not know it.

--
"A arrogância é a arma dos fracos."

Me. Italo Moreira Campelo Maia
Co-fundador do Grupo de Usuários Python do Ceará
Secretário ForHacker (fb.com/ForHackerSpace)
Desenvolvedor Full-Stack, Escritor, Empresário, Visionário
Meu Livro, Site, Blog