On Tue, Jun 6, 2017 at 12:13 steve donovan <steve.j.donovan@gmail.com> wrote:
On Tue, Jun 6, 2017 at 5:45 PM, Sean Conner <sean@conman.org> wrote:
>   Fortunately, LuaCheck isn't *that* opinionated (it will complain about
> lines longer than 120 characters and blank lines with spaces) and what it
> *is* opinionated about can be ignored (either through a config file or via
> special comments in the code itself).

These are reasonable complaints ;)

And yes, I find bugs in my code with static testing as well, although
(being a cat) I did my own. So it embeds my opinions.  (One reason why
wheel-rewriting is so bracing and fun)

I like reading all of these opinions. It's fun on a summer day, while grilling...

Big, complex ideas require a process to develop, a language to communicate them and a structure to hold them together. Part of the art of the process is applying a thoughtful style to the presentation.

I believe that the culture and practice of coding would be enhanced if it were imbued with more of that attitude.

There is a technical problem to be solved.

There is an art to solving it and in expressing its solution. Part of that art is style, which if done well, can contribute a great deal to its meaning.

Hot headed opinions are super fun, though. So there's that[1].

-Andrew

[1] Rush is the greatest band ever.