On Tue, Jun 6, 2017 at 2:32 PM, Pierre Chapuis <catwell@archlinux.us> wrote:
> I think style guide are important at company- or project- level: you
> typically don't want mixed styles in your code base.

Yes, that's part of being a professional and fitting in with everyone.

> At community level I don't care about this. If we could all agree on
> things that matter even when you don't look at the code (e.g. usage
> of globals in modules, etc) I would be happy.

Ditto and likewise! Some things are not a good idea, and there are
tools which can identify these.

I once had to use Pylint, and I've never come across a more
opinionated piece of software, ever. And the real problems were
happily buried in the style advice noise.