On 5/18/2017 12:30 AM, Russell Haley wrote:
I also wonder out loud if this in all academic now with Linux
Subsystem for Windows?

Everybody who wants a Linux-like environment is already on Cygwin.

Even if Microsoft is completely honest this time, big corporations have a tendency to lose interest and then you're out of luck. Or a VP may want to show off his/her management skills and 'rationalize' things, 'sunset' some projects.

We'll be stuck with compiling for legacy 32-bit Win32 for a long long long... a super long time. Even after so many years of 64 bit Windows, plenty of stuff have not moved to 64 bits executables.