On 5/17/2017 5:37 PM, Dirk Laurie wrote:
Well, I don't have Windows 10, but a quick look at Google turns up
"One quick fix is to copy the dll into the same directory as your program."
That's the one I would try first (quick fixes always grab me).

That's the usual thing to do.

Often on MSYS or MSYS2 compiled executables would run, and then on Command Prompt it will fail to start. My usual rule is that when the executable is to run outside of the MSYS or MSYS2 environment, copy it out and test it on Command Prompt to make sure it has all the DLLs it needs.

It can be avoided if one uses TDM's gcc executables for 32 bit Win32 with sjlj exception handling.

I checked earlier today, traditional MinGW/MSYS and the newer MSYS2 both have their default gcc compilers for 32 bit Win32 using Dwarf-2 exception handling, needing the DLL.

So I'm starting to see the complications now. The 64 bit binary "just
works" on Window 10, but the 32 bit seems to still require mingw
(Error message "The program can't start because libgcc_s_dw2-1.dll is
missing from your computer").

--
Cheers,
Kein-Hong Man (esq.)